BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY – UPDATED 4/18/2021
Please read before completing reservation
- Acadia East Campground is a commercial, wilderness, tent camping area located outside of Acadia National Park’s Schoodic District.
- Acadia East Campground is NOT affiliated with Acadia National Park or the National Park Service.
- Our campground is designed to be rustic, to replicate a backcountry camping experience.
- We do not offer RV campsites and you can not drive to your tent site. Please keep this in mind before booking to ensure we meet you and your group’s physical and aesthetic expectations. There are many other campground options in the area that provide a more traditional family experience.
- Campground is carry-in, carry-out. Please take all trash with you. A $75 cleaning fee will be charged to guests who do not clean up their site.
- There is no office on-site. Check-in is 1pm on the day you arrive. Check out is 11am on the day you depart.
- There is no potable (drinkable) water on the property. Restroom is available.
- Public Showers are located at the Schoodic Marine Center from 6am-9pm, 7 days a week. Due to Covid-19, the facility may be closed or have limited hours, please contact the Schoodic Institute for more information.
- Campground is non-smoking.
- Campsite rates are per night, 9% Maine lodging tax is applied during checkout.
- Rates and dates are subject to change.
- Extra adult at site is $10 per night. Extra child is $5 per night.
- There must be an adult (21 years or older) at each site.
- Special site requests are available but not guaranteed. We will make every effort to accommodate special requests.
- Campfires must not be left unattended. A 5 gallon bucket of water is available at every site.
- Cell phone coverage is available at the campground, however, it is spotty in nearby regions and throughout Acadia National Park.
- Future season reservations are accepted Dec 15 for the following camping season.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
- Credit cards are charged at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations made with 7-days notice will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations made 72+ hours prior to scheduled arrival will receive a 50% refund of total reservation fee.
- Cancellations made within 72 hours of scheduled arrival will not be refunded.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are not located inside Acadia National Park. No exceptions to the cancellation policy will be made in the event of this misunderstanding. Please review our map location and address on our home page before booking. Thank you.
- REMINDER: We are a wilderness, backcountry-style campground. Our camping area is rustic and wooded, designed for those seeking a more remote tent camping experience. If this is not your desired experience, we invite you to explore one of the many traditional family campgrounds in the area, as refunds will not be issued due to unpreparedness. Thank you.
- TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION, PLEASE TEXT 1-510-296-3658